There's nothing more infuriating than having an argument with someone who is clueless. The only thing worse is getting owned and sucker punched. Low blows blow! In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro presents how to argue and win every single time.
So often, we are fixated about being right (or winning) that we lose sight on the ultimate goal of maintaining the relationship and being reasonable. Don't lose sight of being rational. A key to a healthy relationship is how you communicate and how you argue together -- the times when you get along are easy!
Winning an argument is great, but ultimately maintaining a relationship is much more important. When all else fails, you can always agree to disagree. To win an argument, pick your battles, know who & what you are arguing with, and know ground rules to argue effectively, efficiently, and like a gentleman.
I Win ... You Lose!
- Learn who NOT to argue with - don't argue with the stupid, the uninformed, and women
- Know what not to argue about - don't argue about religion and politics
- Never argue with emotional people - remember, emotion trumps reason
- Never argue with someone who's been drinking
- Stay calm and maintain composure
- Stick to the facts - don't use assumptions, hearsay, or rumors
- Ask questions and to him explain
- Maintain an open mind and that you *may* be wrong
- Acknowledge valid points
- Look for a win-win!