Yesterday was my wife’s and my 18th anniversary — which has gotten me thinking about relationships and why they work (or why they don’t). This relationship has worked because I haven’t had to compromise on things I shouldn’t. Past relationships did, which affected my self-esteem, self worth, and pride. Here’s what you should never compromise in a relationship.
Do NOT stop any of these for her!
- Feeling good about yourself — she should love you but also keep you in check. She should never beat you down emotionally, but instead, cherish you and build you up.
- Having friends — you should never have to choose between your relationship and friends. You are allowed to have friends.
- Enjoying family — if she makes you choose between her and friends, she may also make you choose between your family and her. Don’t allow your relationship to control you.
- Going after your dreams — never compromise your goals, but don’t confuse goals/dreams with responsibilities. You have to have priorities, and your partner should cheer you on.
- Taking care of yourself — your health is your #1 asset which should never be compromised. You should exercise EVERY DAY, and you should eat a proper diet. It’s critical you need to eat a healthy diet and fill in your nutritional gaps. I use a drink made with Athletic Greens for gut health, recovery, and immune support.
- Practicing your religious or spiritual beliefs — it’s a big deal, and you shouldn’t adjust your thinking in order to make her happy. If she changes your mind, that’s another story. But don’t allow her to dictate your beliefs.
- Preserving your moral compass — when you know something is wrong, it’s wrong. And if she doesn’t act in accordance with your belief system or integrity, don’t compromise your morals. Don’t give her a pass.
- Possessing kindness (humanity & willingness to help others) — if you’re compassionate and she’s not, she’ll bring you down.
- Maintaining your self-respect — don’t lose sight that you’re amazing, so don’t do things that deteriorate the way you respect yourself.
- Sustaining your happiness — don’t appease or appeal to someone else by sacrificing your happiness.
Get up to a year’s supply of immune supporting Vitamin D + 5 individual travel packs, both FREE with your first purchase! Athletic Greens is multiple nutritional supplements bundled into an ultimate all-in-one nutritional formula — In other words, my daily “nutritional insurance.” Athletic Greens is also available in Canada, UK and Europe!