7 Things I Wish I Stopped SOONER!
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ is discussing ‘dumb ass’ things that took him too long to figure out. He mentions how he can’t learn by someone telling him; he has to learn through experience. Some are embarrassing, and some are hard to talk about.
Aaron didn’t quit these soon enough
1. Being someone he wasn’t — he acted and put on a front trying to be the person he thought other people wanted him to be. The truth is you’re amazing just the way you are. Drop the act and things will immediately get better.
2. Feeling sorry for himself — he felt like the victim after having 2 abusive step-fathers. He got over the anger after he sought counseling. Realize that people screw up from time to time, and we are collateral damage.
3. Drinking alcohol — after blackouts, a DUI, and casual hook-ups, he realized he was self-medicating the hurt and pain. Every single aspect of his life got better when he quit.
4. Neglecting his skin — he used to go to the tanning bed and tan without sunscreen. When the crow’s feet started, he wished he could turn back time to his teens and start taking better care of his skin including washing 2xs a day and using a SPF 20 moisturizer. Try Tiege Hanley’s Starter Set + SPF 30 lip balm for as low as 50 cents per day! https://tiege.com/starter15
5. Comparing himself to other people — you should only be comparing yourself to you.
6. Watching porn — and as a result, he feels as if he wasn’t paying as much attention in his relationships as he should have. It was destructive. By stopping, he could focus more energy into his relationship.
7. Being scared to fail — it prevented him from going out on a limb and taking chances. At this point in his life, he doesn’t want any regrets so he’s willing to put himself out there and be uncomfortable.