Are you off of your diet and workout game-plan? Grab the bull by the horns and get started! Aaron Marino of alpha m. discusses how to get back-on-track. The way that Alpha always gets back into it is to have a solid strategy.
Diet is 90% of why we look the way we do. Start by drinking a ton of water. He drinks a gallon a day to flush his system. Lemon in the water is a diuretic and has a ton of vitamin C. He eats basic and clean as possible. He cooks his meat for the week (ground beef, chicken, lean steaks, pork tenderloin) and eats salads, sweet potatoes, and more (see below). He eats 4 meals a day.
The purpose is to be mentally focused with consistency and very little variations for a week. It only takes a day or two to get motivated and feeling good. Cravings are expected during the first 3 days but the cravings will subside. Start by drinking your water.
Alpha’s Clean Eating Diet Plan
Okay guys- the bottom line is that I try to eat as simply and as cleanly as possible. But when attempting to get back into the swing of things, a strict plan gives the best results. I don’t use much seasoning when cooking because when more salt is consumed, more water is retained. I grill a ton a meat, eat a ton of vegetables, and drink a bunch of water. The end result is that I quickly see a visible difference in my body composition in just a matter of days.
- Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1 cup of fiber one cereal with ½ scoop of protein powder, one small green apple
- Meal 2: medium sweet potato, 8 oz of lean meat (chicken, pork, beef or fish), large salad with vinegar dressing
- Meal 3: 8 oz of lean meat, large salad
- Meal 4: 8 oz of lean meat, sweet potato (or some type of whole grain like wheat berries, quinoa, barley, or brown rice in place of the sweet potato), steamed broccoli, large salad
- Meal 5: after dinner snack is as much celery or cucumber as desired
I try to eat every 3 hours. If I get hungry, I eat as much of anything ‘green’ (ie: broccoli, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, green peppers) as desired. This plan isn’t fun or exciting, but if I follow this plan for a week, I see a difference. Remember- this is what I do and not right for everyone.