5 Rules to Pick the BEST Hairstyle for YOUR Face Shape
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, Pete & Pedro , and Ollie is going over five rules for picking best hairstyle for your face shape.
Achieve the Best Hairstyle for Your Face Shape
- Face shape identification — take a selfie then edit the photo by drawing the different face shapes: oval, round, diamond, square, heart
- Contrast and compliment — round / structured hairstyle, square / soft hairstyle, oval / any hairstyle, diamond & hard / volume & length hairstyles. Then ask Google to find images to find cool styles. Save to phone.
- Pick a stylist or barber to execute the plan — barbers (fading, short tight styles, classic cuts) vs stylists (length, texture). Bring the image that you found (saved to your phone) as well as the products you’ve been using.
- Upgrade your hair product — quality matters because cheap ingredients comes along with cheap products. However, your hair will look and feel healthier with quality products. Alpha uses Putty + SALT for texture and volume without being stiff and hard. He towel dries his hair, squirts SALT, and then adds emulsified Putty. Sometimes he air dries his hair then breaks it up. Some days he uses a blow drier. If he wants it not to move all freakin’ day long, he uses P&P Freeze. NEW product from P&P is DEUCE — check out the video about how to poop like a gentleman.
- Rules were meant to be broken — these are guidelines and it’s not all black & white. If you’ve been rocking the same style or product, try something new.