First Time Watch Buying Advice | 5 Timepiece Considerations
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro loves all watches from ‘cheap’ to super high-end luxury watches! They are a perfect men’s accessory which are cool to look at and send a message to others that you are responsible.
Today, Tristano is covering considerations when buying your 1st timepiece. Buy new for authenticity and warranty. Then consider these points:
- Budget – determine your budget within these three (3) levels include entry ($50 – $500), mid-range ($500 – $2,000), and luxury. Japanese dominate entry and then German and Swiss watches are big-players for mid-range.
- How the watch is powered – quartz (battery & most accurate) and mechanical
- Type watch – (reflects your personality, for different occasions) – field, pocket, dress (thinner, more formal, slips under cuff), digital, diving (robust, water resistant, extremely legible), aviation, racing
- Complication – date / day, GMT, chronographs, moon phases, perpetual calendars, triple dates, etc
- Components of the watch – case shape and what it’s made out of (titanium, precious metals), strap (dress up or down by changing) or bracelets