6 Daily Habits to Be LESS Shy!
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ is talking about being shy. Shyness is just a bad habit — it’s learned, and it’s self-sabotaging. You are not born with it, and it is not a personality trait.
With shyness, you are basing yourself on other’s standards — and thus you are too hard on yourself because you are too worried about what other people think. Missing out due to fear of failure will cause amazing opportunities also to be missed. Take these steps every morning to combat shyness.
Start Doing These Tomorrow Morning!
- Stop labeling yourself as shy — it’s an excuse that will prevent you from engaging
- Punch that little voice that says you’re not good enough — instead give yourself the Alpha M. pep-talk 3xs, “I’m awesome, and I am going to kick ass today” in order to hard reset your brain
- Face your shyness head-on — push through it, face these feelings, and embrace them
- Remember the things you are great at — nurture it and build it. Uncover your passions.
- Work out — the more you push your body physically, the stronger your mind. Plus the gym is a social setting.
- Compliment people more often — chop through awkward situations with compliments because everyone loves getting them
How to Identify Things You Are GREAT At!
Skillshare has helped Alpha identify things that he’s even better than he realized. Skillshare is an online learning platform with thousands of classes that are super engaging and allow you to explore your curiosity and creativity, not to mention expand your career. Classes range from design to photography to marketing to entrepreneurship to more! You never know when you’re gonna take a class which you didn’t realize you were so good at or interested in.
When you have a premium membership, you have an unlimited access with unlimited learning to all the classes. Alpha loves one in particular that he took this month “Storytelling for Leaders: How to Craft Stories That Matter” by Keith Yamashita. He also loves the class by Simon Sinek “Presentation Essentials: How to Share Ideas That Inspire Action.” Both classes are perfect for those of you who are shy — you can work on and develop story telling and idea sharing skills. Get two months premium free then it’s less than $10 per month for a regular membership: Premium Skillshare FREE 2-months while supplies last!