7 Drinking Rules ALL Men Should Follow
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day being right around the corner, Alpha has teamed up with Bushmills which is his favorite Irish whiskey. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ says that when we go out we want to have an incredible time. But you have to follow a few rules.
Have a GREAT Night — and a GREAT Next Day!
1. Have a plan on how you’re going to get there and home — there’s no excuse for drinking and driving. Alpha doesn’t rely on a designated driver because they’re not fool-proof. Instead use some sort of ride share app.
2. Engage in pre-party prep — don’t go out on an empty stomach. Eat something high protein before heading out as well as make sure you’re hydrated before leaving and that you stay hydrated throughout the night.
3. Bring ONLY the essentials with you — which means only bring three things: your driver’s license, one credit card, and some cash.
Bonus tip — for attentive service from the bartender through the night, tip him/her whatever the price of the drink was on your first order. If the drink was $5, give the bartender $10 and tell him/her to keep the change. Tip 20% for good service thereafter.
4. Select & order your drinks properly — for example, on St. Patrick’s day leave the green beer alone and opt for Bushmills Irish Whiskey instead. It’s built on heritage, and it’s delicious. When ordering, choose either neat (no ice) or rocks (with ice). The downside to rocks is that the melting ice will dilute the whiskey.
5. Pace yourself — between each alcohol drink have a glass of water. This will slow your consumption and keep you hydrated. The body generally metabolizes one drink per hour.
6. Don’t do shots — keep your composure and wits about you
7. Have fun but be responsible! Pace yourself and never drink and drive.