Alpha is talking about your metabolism — and how you can increase yours. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ says you want a faster metabolism for more energy, better blood circulation, and eating more without gaining weight.
Your metabolic rate is how fast your body burns calories, and your basal metabolic rate is how many calories you need to maintain your weight. If you want to gain or lose, you need to adjust your calories. Use Alpha’s basal metabolic rate calculator: Calculate Your Basal Metabolic Rate
Crank Up Your Metabolism Simply & Easily
- Build muscles to burn more calories at rest (for each pound, you burn an extra 30-50 calories). How to build? Lift weights and give body amino acids thereafter (aka protein shake). Alpha recommends Signature Series Whey Protein Isolate as it tastes great, mixes well, and has an outstanding profile.
- Getting enough sleep to kick ass AND for your metabolism to crank — if you’re sleep deprived, your metabolism slows down as well as has a negative effect on glucose metabolism and associated hormones. Sleep in the dark, turn down the temperature, sleep with a fan, and snooze naked.
- Drink cold water — your body has to expend calories to heat the water. Also before your meal, drink a 1/2 a liter of water. You’ll lose 44% more weight.
- Take your vitamins, namely Vitamin B & D as well as Iron & Magnesium — Alpha supplements with a B Complex which contains all the B vitamins. They help with both metabolism and mood. You should also take a multi-vitamin even if you eat a balanced diet, which Alpha takes Every Man by New Chapter.
- Eat more protein — the thermal effect of food is how your body burns calories when processing, and proteins have the highest thermic effect which can increase your metabolic rate by 15-30% unlike carbs and fats.
- Spice it up! But you have to eat a ton to see an effect.
- HIIT training — this interval training will help you burn fat as well as raise your metabolism.