6 Easy Things YOU Can Do to Look BETTER in Casual Clothes!
The line between casual cool and casual meh is a thin one. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ says casual style is nuanced, and you need to be more style savvy to look amazing when dressed down.
How to CRUSH casual cool style
1. Utilize Google for inspiration — Google search the item you want to style, click Google images, review outfit combinations. Alpha’s example is David Beckham’s inspired ensemble: Scotch & Soda denim shirt + black tee + black jeans + ENEMY sunglasses.
2. Unroll, unbutton, cuff — each step elevates your style to the next level by exposing a little forearm and man cleavage.
3. Try brands you normally wouldn’t wear — Alpha recently tried Rag and Bone’s Henley as well as John Varvatos’s polo shirt thanks to his stylist at Stitch Fix.
4. Ask for help — hire a stylist or image consultant or enlist the help from a stylish friend. Alpha’s new obsession is Stitch Fix which gives him online personalized styling advice. He works with a stylist who got to know his preferences, body, fit, colors, and taste — he was sent 5 hand-selected items with an instruction card on how to style the items. Stitch Fix works with the budget you set, which they have low to high end brands. Items you don’t like can be sent back with free returns. Get your first styling free with Alpha’s link.
5. Focus on fun and amazing fabrics — invest in higher quality casual items which will feel softer and drape on your body better. Try different patterns and textures of fabrics. If you find a brand you like, sign-up for the mailing list for discounts and coupons.
6. Focus on accessories — fabric belts to add a splash of color. Also, you can never have too many watches, sunglasses, rings, and bracelets.