Stop damaging those luscious locks of healthy amazingness by making some of these stupid-ass (but common) hair styling mistakes so many guys are making these days!
You’re destroying the health of your hair by …
- Using a shampoo + conditioner combo. This type of product does not work because shampoos do one thing and conditioners do another. Make sure you’re using the proper shampoo. If your hair is dry and brittle, use a hydrating shampoo with argan oil to hydrate your hair. If you have fine hair, use the volumizing shampoo with biotin and rice protein to strengthen and thicken the hair shaft. A standard deep cleansing shampoo with tea tree oil is fantastic if your hair is normal because it won’t strip all the good hydration out.
- Not using conditioner. Everyone should use a conditioner at least once a week, ideally twice a week. Apply a little bit and get down to the scalp. Leave it for about 5 minutes to replenish and replace the hydration in your hair. Different conditioners help different hair types as well. Take the quiz and see what’s best for you.
- Purchasing low-quality hair products. Drug-store and grocery store hair products charge so little because the ingredients are cheap, drying out and damaging your hair. Many of them contain alcohol, parabens, and sulfites. Spend more money to get a higher quality product infused with healthy ingredients.
- Using the wrong product for your hair type and/or style. Choose a product based on your hair type, hold needed, and shine desired. Check out what hairstyling product you should use by taking this quiz.
- Using way too much hair product. You should only need to use a little product; if you need a ton, you are using the wrong product.
- Not emulsifying. You need to heat up and activate your product in your hands before applying. And then, make sure to run the product through your hair thoroughly.
- Not using a pre-styler. Take your hairstyle to the next level by using a sea salt pre-styler after showering. Towel dry your hair, apply a few squirts, and work it through. After that, apply your product as usual. You’ll have extra volume with texture, and you also won’t need as much of your other hair product.
- Not getting enough nutrients. Make sure you have enough micronutrients that your hair needs to be healthy such as biotin, which can be taken daily in gummies. Your hair will be stronger and grow faster. Nutrafol hair growth supplement is costly, but it’s a healthy way to regrow hair. Pete & Pedro’s whole food multivitamin is great for overall physical micronutrient needs and for your hair and scalp health. Combine it with extra biotin, and game over; your hair is the winner.