Some expensive things, like Louis Vuitton bags or Range Rovers, are not worth the money. On the flip side, some expensive things are worth the money. I want to review some expensive items I have purchased that I don’t regret.
But first, what is expensive depends on you and is subjective. So what I think is expensive may differ from what you feel is costly. And what I believe is affordable, you might consider crazy ridiculous. So it depends on what you like, enjoy, and are willing to spend money on. The items I will cover are pricey but worth it.
Pricey but worth it to me!
- Rolex watches. My two gold Rolex watches are one of my most significant investments. These are accessories that I wear, but I also absolutely love them. Every time I look down on my wrist, I love them even more. A watch is an investment that can be sentimental. However, I don’t get attached to things, so if I ever got into financial trouble, I’d be fine selling these.
- Artwork. I spent a lot of money on this moose art piece; it just makes sense and feels good. I love being home more than anywhere, so I will spend some money to make my home more enjoyable.
- Custom jewelry. Custom jewelry is 100% worth the cost to me. My cufflinks and ring are items that I look at, love, and wear every day. If it costs a little more but you’re going to wear it a lot and enjoy it, it’s worth it. It will last longer, too.
- Boutique clothing. Although clothing from boutique-type companies is more expensive, it is of next-level high quality.
- Gucci loafers. They’re comfortable, sexy, and versatile. The construction is impressive, and they’ll last forever. You can dress them up or wear them with jeans.
- Designer fragrances. I used to think this was worth it because of the confidence boost and compliments. But a $500 bottle of Creed Aventus can be replaced with a $50 bottle of Pete & Pedro REBEL.
- Tumi bag. My wife got this for me as a Christmas present. It’s a fantastic leather bag that is soft and supple.
- Real estate. Salon Posta is one of the best things I’ve ever done and one of my best purchases. I love fixing up an old building and turning it into something beautiful.
- Forklift. I’m super proud of my forklift, Big Joe. It’s functional for my business, Pete & Pedro, and made me feel like I ‘made it.’
- Office. It was the first real estate investment that I had ever made. I saved for it because I wanted to move Pete & Pedro out of my spare bedroom. So I got this office about 7 years ago, and it’s appreciated in value. I appreciate it because it inspires me daily at my desk.
- Tailored suits. Having a tailored suit made for you is worth the money. Standard off-the-rack suits will not give you the same confidence when you slip them on. A tailored suit makes you look amazing, feel incredible, and have confidence.
- Leather jackets. All Saints makes a premium product that I love. I have about 27 leather bomber jackets and leather jackets.