How to Survive Gym Newbies | The New Year Resolution Reality
The New Year is an annoying time of year for fitness old-timers who have adopted going to the gym as a lifestyle. These non-gym goers are like a swarm of out-of-shape locusts, taking over your precious fitness center and throwing off the balance.
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro describes how you are about to do your normal workout when all of the equipment is being man-handled by gym-goers you haven’t seen before. How do you handle these newbies?
Six Tips How to Make It Through the New Year
- This New Year isn’t the first time you’ve seen these resolutioners – this situation is only temporary and will pass
- Switch the time of day when you go the gym – go to the morning. The resolutioners like sleep more than results. Mornings are less busy.
- Switch your routine – everyone does chest on Monday. Not you! You will do legs on Monday. Do your routine in reverse. As the week progresses, the gym crowd thins. Do chest on Friday.
- Do cardio outside – get in your zen place.
- Take some time off – give your mind and body a much needed rest.
- Go back to tip #1– this too will pass. The next 3 weeks will be a little unfortunate.