This Alpha M. Vault Video was originally recorded 5-years ago. The topic is about rejecting someone like a gentleman. We can all agree that rejection sucks to be rejected, and if you are a good dude, it sucks rejecting someone whether a friend, business associate, or romantic. Today, I’m focusing on the romantic kind and hoping that the sting is less if/when you have to do it.
How to Reject Someone Like a Gentleman: Foundation Principles
- Don’t lead anyone on – be upfront and honest to make everything easier.
- Avoidance is not the same as respectfully rejecting someone – man up! It’s a hard conversation to have, but you’ll be glad you did it.
Gentlemanly Rejection Steps
- Lead with a general compliment
- Let them know that you appreciate and are flattered by their interest
- Take responsibility by saying “I” and don’t beat around the bush – craft & create a reasonable response to have this step go over better (aka: create a stock response to be used later). I give examples.
- Show appreciation and wish them well – add in a bit of reassurance
* With a drunken hook-up, don’t be a repeat offender and go back for 2nds!
ENEMY.com — use the discount code before it expires! Check out shades as well as the minimal wallets, alpha m. custom accessories, and more!