I got an email from one of you guys that got me thinking, and I want to get my thoughts out while they’re fresh. He said he’s struggling and wants to become the best man he can be. This got me thinking about what it means to be a man in today’s world of toxic masculinity. Everybody is trying to tell men that they’re bad or not amazing. I thought it’s essential for me to discuss how to be a man that other men will respect and that women will want to be with.
Earning respect from men while being desirable to women
- Don’t act like you’re something that you’re not. To be the best version of yourself, you must be honest with yourself and others.
- Helping other people will monstrously change your life. Our society has become incredibly selfish, and we are only worried about ourselves. Worrying about what we can get or do for ourselves becomes irrelevant is when we stop and look for opportunities to lift up others. You will feel incredible, and they will feel fantastic too.
- Being a hard-ass worker beats talent. If you’re somebody that wants to be the best, you can work harder.
- Getting toxic people out of your life is a hard lesson to learn. Do not be surrounded by people pulling you down and holding you back. These toxic people could be girlfriends, boyfriends, family members, and more.
- Don’t wait for perfect timing because it will never be ideal. Go after your goal and stop using excuses. The time is now to take action. Think of where you would be now if you had started 6 months ago.
- If issues are troubling you from your past or your current situation, you could be stalled from moving forward and being happy right now. Do something about it. I used Better Help which is online therapy with licensed therapists. Get 10% off your first month and get matched with a therapist who will listen and help.
- Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming other people. Build mental toughness, so you can be the man you are destined to become. Push through the pain and hardships that life tosses at you.
- Take care of your body and work out while eating right. Don’t abuse drugs or alcohol. You need to be strong physically and mentally.
- Being a man of your word will gain respect from others. Honor your choices & decisions, and do what you say you will do. Learn to control your anger and jealousy. Don’t allow your emotions to take over.
- Don’t give a f*** about everything that doesn’t matter. If you can’t change it, why are you worried about it? Why are you consumed by something if it doesn’t directly affect you? We can give only so many f****, and if you’re giving your time and energy to the things that don’t matter, you’re missing out on the things that matter.
- Make sure to respect yourself and others. Have integrity and understand that the things that you do now will impact you in the future. Do not just go along with the flow and give in to peer pressure. Get out of your own way and start thinking through your actions, realizing that the things you do and post now will impact you in the future.
- Stop being narcissistic, control your urges & impulses, and understand that nothing great was accomplished because it was easy. Quit looking for the quick fix, as time is necessary to develop into an incredible man that others respect and women want to be with.