Aging is inevitable, but looking old is optional. This past Friday, I turned 47. I don’t feel or look old except for a few gray hairs in my beard, which I will take care of because I will color my beard for the first time ever. But this got me thinking about other things that happened to us as aging men. We can actually fix and correct things to look more youthful and attractive.
As a baseline, if you always want to look good as possible, you need to do a few basic things such as workout every day, eat right, don’t drink alcohol in excess, don’t smoke or do drugs, and live as clean as possible.
Keep looking younger as you age
- Stop hair loss. Hair loss makes men look older quickly. If you don’t want to lose your hair, there are drugs on the market proven to slow hair loss and stop it. You can regrow hair with Propecia and Minoxidil. Early identification is critical. Hair transplants are another option that looks natural and undetectable. Just make sure you go with a reputable company.
- Cover gray. When I decided to cover the gray in my beard, I didn’t want just any box of hair color. I wanted to ensure it looked natural, so I researched different options. I found the company Cleverman which allows you to customize your coloring through a simple quiz. I opted for partial coverage. Another feature is moisturization which is scrub is included. Check out my application process and results. What do you think? My wife thinks I look younger!
- Tanned skin. If you want to look more youthful, get out in the sun. Pasty white skin is not as vibrant. But make sure you use sunscreen and don’t get burned. Also, ensure you use a moisturizer on your skin with an SPF of at least 20. You could opt for a sunless tanner if you don’t want to get out in the sun.
- No puffy eyes. Get rid of eye bags. Grab two spoons, run them underwater, and then stick them in the freezer. When frozen, place them underneath your eyes until they warm up for about 5 to 10 minutes. The cold compress will make the water retention go away. It also shrinks blood vessels. Another hack is to use eye cream; the sooner, the better. Last, get enough sleep.
- Stay hydrated. Drink a gallon a day of lemon water. Lemon is a fantastic antioxidant; water will make your skin look amazing. You will not retain as much subcutaneous fluids, and your body will look better.
- Update wardrobe. If you want to look young and youthful, you must dress that way — but don’t look like a douche. Opt for clothing that fits and is timeless but stylish. Get jeans that look sexy, shirts that look amazing, and shoes that aren’t worn out and beat up. Dress with purpose and intention. Wearing clothes that make you look youthful by accentuating your positive attributes and minimizing your perceived negatives creates a game over.