You don’t even realize how good you could potentially look if you stop making the mistakes that I will review in today’s video. The truth is you cannot afford not to look your best! It is never been any more competitive time, and you need every advantage of your competition. You can control how you look and present yourself, but unfortunately, some mistakes damage men’s good looks.
How to look your very best
- Fat face. It’s not that you have chubby cheeks; it’s that you’re retaining water. A diet high in sugars, starchy carbs, sulfites, and salts or insufficient water consumption contributes to water retention, bags, and a weaker jaw. Clean up your diet and increase the amount of water you consume to 1 gallon of lemon water daily. The lemon is an actual diuretic to help flush the body and subcutaneous water.
- Grooming goofs. (a) Shaved eyebrows. Do not use a razor to shave your eyebrows. When using a razor, the entire fat hair cross-section of the hair is visible. So, if you remove them all at once, they will give you a 5 o’clock shadow on your eyebrows. Instead, use a pair of high-quality tweezers to remove the hair from the root so it grows back as a point rather than a fat cross-section. Never remove the hairs above your eyebrows either because those are the ones that give your eyebrow masculine shape a natural appearance. Also, don’t make your eyebrows too thin because they will look like a chick. (b) Removing sideburns at the top of your ear. Sideburns help to frame your face and finish your hairstyle. Do not remove them too high by ensuring they come down around the tragus. A pro tip is to slant them slightly to follow your jawline to help enhance the visual illusion of a strong jaw. Speaking of a strong jaw, do not carve up underneath your chin. (c) Edging super tight and thin. Do not edge your facial hair super tight or thin with small little lines. You wanted a more natural look.
- Dark circles. Dark circles can be caused by not getting enough sleep or rubbing your eyes. The skin underneath your eyes is very delicate and soft, and you can potentially damage your skin by rubbing your eyes. Puffy eyes can also indicate allergies, sleep problems, or a diet issue. A pro tip is using high-quality eye cream like Tiege Hanley’s. Using it twice daily around the orbital sockets will make your eyes look fresh and bright, reducing dark circles and puffiness.
- Not using effective skin care products. Use skincare products to look handsome now and age like fine wine.
- Drinking & smoking. Alcohol will dehydrate you, which is terrible for your skin. Any kind of alcohol, cigarettes, nicotine, and weed will destroy your looks.
- Neglecting oral hygiene. The quantity and quality of your teeth don’t matter as much as the whiteness of your smile. If your teeth are yellow or discolored, whiten them.
- Nasty hands and feet. Nasty, bitten, and crusty hands and feet are not a good look. Make sure your nails are trimmed and exfoliated.
- Whacked style. Style is not about wearing the latest trends or being super fashion-forward. It’s all about wearing clothing that fits your body and is coordinated with purpose and intention. Dress well, which is one of the quickest and easiest things you can do to be respected by others and perceived as more attractive.
- Bad personal presentation. (a) Poor body language damages good looks. Make sure to stand with your chest up, shoulders back, and head elevated, looking people in the eye. Walk like you mean it. (b) Also, using filler words is poor form. Speak concisely and get your point across without using many filler words.
- Game over hair. If your hair is greasy and oily, it’s gross. Everyone can tell if you’re thinning, receding, and trying to hide it. If you want to fix it, go to Bosley. Get a new haircut if your hairstyle does not compliment your face shape.