Buyer Beware | Outlet Shopping Reality
Alpha hates paying full retail price, so he is constantly seeking out good deals! In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro talks about the outlets that he sees when he’s out driving. When he goes into the outlets; however, he sees the brand labels but they don’t seem like the real deal.
The outlet mall shop industry is huge, but there’s nothing that defines what constitutes an outlet. Brands want to sell at the outlets and subsequently make a separate line of clothing to sell at these outlets. Only about 10% – 15% is overstock! For the rest of the 85% – 90% of the items, the only thing that is the same as the conventional retail outlet is the label.
The items can be crappy, and quality is greatly reduced. Material cut backs are implemented. Alpha gives examples about stitching passes. Ultimately, outlet clothing will wear out faster. Another note is that the price tags are ‘fake’ to trick people. That being said, you can find some amazing deals such as J. Crew. The stuff is just not as good as the ‘store’.
To save on your brands, know when to shop in retail. Also sign-up for the email newsletter for coupons.