You’re Being SCAMMED! The TRUTH About Online Businesses
The Internet has changed the game in terms of entrepreneurship. If you have an idea, internet connection, and computer, you can become a millionaire. However, there are a bunch of assholes out there trying to SELL YOU the dream — promising to teach you how to become a millionaire. They haven’t done shit other than convince you to spend money on their course. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro says an online business takes hard work, discipline, and sacrifice.
Ten Lessons Alpha Learned About Being an Online Entrepreneur
1. Do what you know and love — focus on a product that you know, love, and understand, it’s easier to become an expert and to get excited
2. If your product sucks, don’t sell it — if you wouldn’t use it, don’t sell
3. Reviews are real and important! — consumers express themselves so be ready to defend yourself.
4. Having an amazing customer service is critical — resolve issues AND make customers happy
5. If you don’t set yourself apart from everyone else, you’re doomed — you have to check-out Gary Vaynerchuk’s class Context Is Key (Social Media Strategy in a Noisy Online World. Aaron also highly recommends Will Bryant’s class How to Communicate with Clients (Building Relationships That Last). You can find both at Skillshare which hosts over 24,000 classes from everything from entrepreneurship, design, photography, and business. You can get 2 months of premium for FREE — after that, it’s $10 for unlimited learning.
6. It’s all about marketing — you need to get people to know about your product! It’s the hardest piece of the entrepreneur puzzle because everyone is competing for the same eyeballs.
7. Shipping is EXPENSIVE — packages have a hard time making it to their destinations 100% of the time. International is whole other ball game. Heavy packages are expensive to ship, and info products aren’t ship so profits are much higher.
8. You need to be constantly thinking and innovating — don’t get comfortable. Constantly think about how to be better.
9. The competition is out there — be willing to do what it takes to success. The more successful, the more competition however.
10. Entrepreneurship is incredibly hard — that’s why the scammers ‘selling the dream’ is infuriating. You can’t make money sipping Mai Tai’s on the beach in Maui. That’s not reality. Everyone has the opportunity to start a business, but to succeed, you have to be willing to put in the time, energy, and effort. The internet is a fickle animal — be smart with what you do and know when something isn’t working. Be true to the customer no matter what because at the end of the day, it’s all about them.