Mizzen+Main code ALPHA3 for $50 off three dress shirts
Have you ever put on a shirt, and you look JACKED? But sometimes a shirt and you look ‘MEH’? In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro discusses how he got a package from Mizzen+Main and discovered how their clothes made him look bigger and more muscular.
For all of you guys who email Alpha about how to dress when small, thin, or skinny, this video is for you! Here are seven tips to bulk your look and make you look bigger.
Dressing to Look Bigger Instantly
- Wear a Henley – it’s one of the most perfect long sleeve shirts due to being strategically tight in chest and shoulders. Push up your sleeve if your arms are thin. It’s also fitted through the body without being too tight. Unbutton one or two buttons to make yourself look broader.
- Layer with tanks and tees – use a v neck or tank under a Henley. You can layer under sweaters and button-ups to add bulk and substance to chest and shoulder areas.
- Wear light colors – black is slimming, and light colors make you look a bit larger and are bulking. Wear light blues and light browns.
- Chose the proper dress shirt options (details) – collar should be smaller and don’t button the shirt all the way up (create a bit of a ‘v’) unless wearing a tie. The pattern should be bigger and bolder with a lighter shade. The cut / fit should be tailored, tapered down to your waist.
- The pants should be dark, tailored, and tapered to the ankle – with darker pants, the upper body looks larger with a lighter shirt. Have the pants thin through the thigh and tapering to the ankle. It’s all about utilizing color and cut.
- Choose clothing that are built for muscular men – some brands cater to the athletic build and body-type. Not all slim fit is created equal however. Try different cuts to see what works for you. Alpha is super impressed with Mizzen+Main because the clothes are more tailored and forgiving for those who workout. The clothes are made for athletic men and men who want to look more muscular with taper, lines, and cuts. The fabric is super stretchy and moisture-wicking. Alpha is hard to fit off-the-rack due to broad shoulders, big chest, small waist, and junk-in-the-trunk, and Mizzen+Main is one of the best off-the-rack options including their pants, Henleys, and button downs. They fit like a glove and are super comfortable. Add three dress shirts of your choice to your Mizzen+MAIN cart and enter code ALPHA3 at checkout receive $50 off your 3 pack.
- Workout! Mind blown, eh!? Your body will change pretty quickly, and clothes will start to fit better.