7 Summer Style Rules ALL MEN SHOULD FOLLOW!
When it comes to seasonal style mistakes, summer is the worst offender. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ says as the temperature rises so do style sins. Look caliente by not committing these…
Summer Style Sins
1. All polo shirts are NOT created equal — you need three polos in your wardrobe: white, navy, and black. Opt for solid instead of stripes. The fit needs to be snug at the shoulders & chest but not super tight in the body & sleeves. You want to make sure you have triceps exposure too. Higher quality polos are smoother than the traditional bumpy weaved cotton. These will also last longer. Alpha’s is a lightweight wool which is a little dressier.
2. White shoes need to be white — if they’re nasty, discolored, or dirty, your style will suffer. Use a Magic Eraser. Or you could opt for a gum sole if you don’t want to spend time keeping your sneakers clean.
3. Denim should be light — reciprocally in winter, denim should be dark. In the summer, navy polo + light wash jeans + Anson belt + white kicks is super sexy.
4. Go bold with accessories — everything from the badass NATO straps to fantastic fabric belts. Anson belts have no holes so they look smoother and won’t get all whacked out. The Anson’s track system with micro-adjustments locks the belt into place. In addition to fabric belts, Anson also has leather and suede belts in a wide variety of colors. The buckles are interchangeable with the belts — simply clip into place. They come in one-size-fits-all which you cut to size.
5. Shorts should fit properly — make sure the FIT and are not big & baggy and hanging down past your knee.
6. A great pair of jeans can make a great pair of jean shorts — Alpha demonstrates how.
7. Sunglasses are the best summer accessory — don’t go over-the-top with super trendy styles like flat lenses and geometric shapes, however. Also, never wear them inside. Take them off within 3-steps of entering a building. Do not rest your sunglasses on your head, because hair product can get on the lenses, and the temples can get stretched out. Instead thread them through a button-hole.