How to Be a Gentleman | 13 Drinking Tips
Aaron Marino of alpha m. has teamed up with a pro who works at a bartending school. Alpha now discusses how to drink like a gentleman. Here’s how to look like a gentleman and not like one of those schlubs who is just trying to get loaded.
- Order a drink that is masculine: Martini, Manhattan, Old Fashioned
- Specify the type of alcohol
- Specify ‘neat’ or ‘up’ – ice or no ice
- Know the establishment and their specialty drink(s), then order accordingly
- Don’t ever order a daiquiri
- Tip well – $5 minimum on the first drink to set the stage for the rest of the evening. You can go a little lower thereafter
- Don’t yell for the bartender
- Always have cash or card in hand to be ready to pay
- Use ‘please’, ‘excuse me’, and ‘thank you’
- Never hit on the hot bartender
- Pace yourself and don’t slam shots to get wasted – never get sloppy drunk!
- It’s okay to respectfully decline a shot – don’t get peer pressured
- A gentleman never drinks and drives! Make a plan BEFORE going out