Ten Body Language Tips to Look More Confident
Our body is constantly communicating and sending messages to the world around us. We never have to say a word with our poses and postures, whether feeling nervous / insecure or good / confidence.
You can, however, always communicate confidence with these ten body language tips!
- Avoid your pockets – don’t hide your hands when you’re nervous
- Don’t cross your arms – it’s a closed posture and says you’re not interested in communicating
- Eyes up – look around and make eye contact
- Step like you have somewhere to be – big strides of confidence instead of scurrying
- Firm handshake – check out how to shake hands like a man
- Stand up straight – chest up and shoulders back
- Use appropriate touch to express appreciation – upper arm, lower arm, back but never face or inner thigh
- Don’t fidget – chill it out and relax
- Well groomed – take care of your hair, nose hair, teeth, breath, nails
- SMILE! – the most valuable non-communication asset