Fitness Excuses You Need to Stop Making!
One of Alpha’s favorite blogs is the DailyZenList by Johnny Webber which is dedicated to simplicity and self-improvement. This blog is Alpha’s self improvement soul mate. Aaron Marino of alpha m. wants to cover one of the posts that smacked him in the face: fitness excuses.
Working out changes your life. When you take care of yourself, EVERYTHING gets better! You owe it to yourself. Just think where you will be next year if you start today! We can be great for ourselves and be the best we can be.
- I’ll start tomorrow – how long have you been thinking about starting tomorrow? Can you fathom the place you’d be in if you started instead of making excuses? Do not put off tomorrow what you can start today! There is no better time than now to start a fitness program.
- I’m too busy – we are all busy! If it’s a priority, you’ll find the time. Get up an hour earlier, take your lunch break, stay up an hour later. Find the time to exercise as it’s crucial to your well-being.
- I don’t know where to start – the hardest step is the first step. Get to the gym, the park, around your house. Find information, tips, and advice on the Internet. Gyms can seem like a daunting place; however, every piece of equipment has instructions. Start there!
- I’m not the ‘athletic type’ – fitness doesn’t require a lot of coordination. You don’t need to be athletic to exercise.
- I don’t want to get ‘bulky’ – every dude wants to get bulky and it doesn’t happen! Monstrous bulky people are on steroids or are chubby!
- I can’t afford it – fitness memberships breakdown to less than a $1 a day. Or do things at home that are absolutely FREE!