TOP 5 Online Suit Buying Mistakes MOST Men Make!
You need a suit – one that fits you like a glove! There’s nothing better than an incredible fitting suit. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, Pete & Pedro , and Fashion Anchor talks about where to find a great fitting suit.
You can go into a store and get advice from a sales person. You can also get a custom suit made for a few thousand dollars. But today we have the Internet where you can get made-to-measure suits at off the rack prices. You MUST know what you’re doing so you don’t get a jacked up suit.
Alpha’s Perfect Suit
Alpha demonstrates what a perfect made to measure suit looks like. He built his with Indochino. He customized all the details — custom and perfect! They are the largest made-to-measure suit company in the world. Alpha has known about them for a while, and although he’s used other companies for made to measure companies, Alpha realized they are the kings! The website is super sexy where you can see the suit you’re going to buy. Use the special link for a special price.
Online Made-to-Measure Mistakes
- Not buying from a reputable company – make sure the company has been in business and will stay in business.
- Unrealistic expectations – online made-to-measure is not the same as a 100% custom suit. You will need to have some alternations from a tailor. Indochino will reimburse you up to $75 for alternations.
- Going trendy or super cool before having the basics – your first suit should be a color like medium gray. The lapels should be notched, two vents, two buttons, pockets with flaps, no pleats in pants, and a fun inner lining. You can also add embroidery, pick stitching, functioning button and boutonniere holes, and more.
- Not taking your time and getting help for measurements – Indochino has videos to walk you through the measurements. Once you nail the fit, you know future suits will fit you perfectly like the one before.
- Not wearing it enough – you can wear suits at other occasions than weddings and funerals. Lose the tie, pop the collar, and go out to dinner. Wear it, rock it, love it! It’s better to be over dressed than under.