Windsor Knot | Men's Ties
Aaron Marino of alpha m. demonstrates how to tie the most symmetrical knot, the Windsor Knot. Aaron always uses a Full Windsor: a more substantial of a knot, more put-together, and more polished. Alpha also owns standard width ties, rather than a skinny ties.
To begin to tie, button the collar all the way up. The Windor looks great with a wide spread collar because it fills that gap.
- Drape the necktie around your collar and start with the wider end extending approximately 12 inches below the narrow end; cross it over.
- Wrap the wide end around, and bring it up over and through the loop between the collar and the tie- then pull it down toward the front.
- Curl the wide end that is left behind the narrow end. Bring the wide end back up again through the loop.
- Put down through loop and pull around across narrow end.
- Bring the wide end up and tuck it through the loop a third time, and bring it back down to the front.
- Finally, pull down on the wide end carefully to tighten and draw up the knot snugly to your collar. If both ends don’t meet perfectly, simply start over and adjust the length of your tie accordingly. Make sure your collar falls nicely all around, and center the knot as best you can. Go get a tie and give it a try!