I am not some crazy conspiracy theorist, but I am into health. This focus on health started when I read a study about diet soda and how drinking one a day can increase prostate cancer by 50%, which was alarming to me. The more I researched, the more I understood that products we use daily are some of the biggest toxicity offenders and testosterone level reducers.
I am going over some of the biggest offenders, but first, know that an EDC is an endocrine-disrupting chemical that regulates hormone production, among others. These chemical compounds can be found in some foods & drinks we consume and can mimic estrogen.
What’s causing men’s hormones to dive-bomb
- Bisphenol — it’s an EDC found in plastics like water bottles and is horrible for your testosterone levels. BPA is used to make plastic, and when water sits inside a plastic container, chemicals can leach into the water you will later consume. BPA-free plastics are available, but switching to a metal drinking container is safer.
- Parabens — it’s also an EDC chemical that destroys testosterone levels, increases certain cancer risks, and reduces fertility. Parabens can be found in some shampoos, body lotions, hair products, and deodorants. Higher quality products may be paraben-free, which you can read on the label.
- Antiperspirants — aluminum stops sweating through a chemical reaction with sweat ducts, which is unhealthy. Sweating allows your body to release toxins, which can build up in your lymph glands if blocked. Aluminum has also been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. I kept these factors in mind when creating Pete & Pedro Fresh Deodorant, which is sulfate-free, paraben-free, aluminum-free, and naturally derived. Plus, it’s clear and doesn’t leave a greasy residue.
- Beer — beer is made with hops, a phytoestrogen ( plant-based estrogen). It will increase estrogen levels and increase the risk of man boobs.
- Talc — talc has been linked with cancer because of the asbestos in talc powder. 99% of ball powders are derived from talc, so it’s critical not to rub talc powder on the boys. BUT, I solved this problem by creating the Pete & Pedro Body and Balls Powder that is TALC-FREE, keeping you friction-free, fresh, and dry.
- Dairy — 1/3 a cup of milk daily increases the risk of developing prostate cancer by 25%. The culprit is the sex hormone in the dairy.
- Processed meats — whether hot dogs, ham, salami, beef jerky, or low quality meats, the nitrates increase the risk of lower volume of testosterone, decreased sperm count, and colorectal cancer. Check out this video I published about this issue, my colonoscopy, and Chadwick Boseman.