How to Be a Gentleman | End a Conversation Like a Gent
Alpha had a conversation the other day with a woman who is running her mouth. He couldn’t get a word in edge-wise. At this moment, he realized that he has never covered how to end a conversation like a gentleman.
In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro gives tips about how to end a conversation without sounding rude and by sounding like you enjoyed the conversation.
Strategies to End a Conversation
- The Positive Comment Close – the trick is to repeat their name and then say something positive about the conversation.
- The Summary and Plan – reiterate the general theme of the conversation, letting them know the conversation was successful, then present the plan (ie: emailing, catching up next week, give you a call). It’s great for business.
- The Excuse – you have to go but it’s not that you didn’t enjoy the conversation.
- The Hand-off – you introduce someone else into the conversation so you can exit stage left!
- Timing – a lot it boils down to timing, like when there’s a lull. You can hear key words such as ‘okay’, ‘anyway’, and ‘so’. It’s your opening and time to end the conversation.